OCTI: The 4 Player Game
Setup: Four Player Game
- Players form two teams, and partners sit diagonally across from one another.
- Each team receives 8 pods of one color (4 for each partner) and 24 prongs (12 for each
- Each player places one empty pod on a corner OCTI square, which is that player's home
base. Each player's three extra pods are held in reserve.
- No communication is allowed between partners after the start of play.
- To distinguish between partner's pieces, make arrows visible for one player and hidden for
Rules of Play: Four Player Game
The two player OCTI rules apply, except:
- Victory is achieved by occupying the opponents' home bases.
- If an enemy pod occupies a player's home base at the end of a turn, all of that player's
pieces on the board are captured, and that player is out of the game.
- Partners cannot share pods or prongs, but allied pieces may stack together.
- A player who occupies the home base of an eliminated teammate may use a turn to liberate
an allied pod on that square. The liberated player may then play normally.
- One may liberate captured pods on any enemy or neutral OCTI square.
Example of play in the four-player game.
Example of play in the four-player game (continued).